This list of freely available software was first compiled by the Expert Team on Software for Agroclimatic Data Management. This list has since been modified
to include the latest versions of the software and any additions.
- CROPSYST -- Cropping Systems Simulation Model. Free, but you need to register to obtain a copy.
- ORYZA2000 -- Lowland Rice Model from International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) and Wageningen University
- CROPWAT -- A computer program for irrigation planning and management
- CLIMWAT -- A Climatic Database for CROPWAT
- EPIC - Erosion Productivity Impact Calculator -- Crop model from the Texas A&M Blackland Research Center
- Century Model (Colorado State University) -- A general model of the plant-soil nutrient cycle which is being used to simulate carbon and nutrient dynamics for different types of ecosystems including grasslands, agricultural lands, forests and savannas.
- COKRIGING -- FAO Software for the spatial interpolation of agro-climatic data
- AGMAN -- Famine Early Warning System (FEWS) agricultural database manager. It is designed to facilitate the archiving, analysis, and presentation of agricultural production data. Its capabilities include the organization and storage of essential agricultural production statistics for any given reporting unit, crop, or time period. Data are available for the following countries: Burkina Faso, Chad, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Somalia, Sudan, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- RAINMAN -- FEWS's method for compiling and updating a dekadal (10-day) rainfall database. With current and historical dekadal rainfall data, RAINMAN can produce graphs, charts, and tables of averages, accumulations, comparisons, and estimations of rainfall, which can be viewed on the screen, captured in a file, or printed as hardcopy. Data are available for the following countries: Burkina Faso, Chad, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- PRICEMAN -- FEWS's price management, analysis, and presentation software program. It allows quick graphic presentation of prices so that current prices can be visualized and compared to recent and previous years. Data are available for the following countries: Burkina Faso, Chad, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- NETMAN -- FEWS's integrated Internet version of SPACEMAN and PRICEMAN. It is designed to facilitate the analysis and presentation of data without requiring the user to manage the underlying data. It offers the same analysis capabilities as the desktop versions of SPACEMAN and PRICEMAN, but the data reside in a centralized database at the EROS Data Center, and analysis and results are provided via the Internet.
- SPACEMAN -- FEWS's image statistics data manager. It is designed to facilitate the archiving, analysis, and presentation of image statistics data. Its capabilities include the organization, storage and analysis of image statistics over a period of time. The software is applicable to any time series image data (e.g., NDVI, RFE).